Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lord Do You See?

Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, “Have I also here seen Him who sees me?” (Gennesis 16:13, NKJV)

I titled this post with a question that I'm sure we've all asked. I konw I did this weekend. My plans to see a dear friend had fallen through, and I was (and still am at times) wrestling with questions in my mind. "Lord why isn't this happening?" "This is the third time this has been canceled, why Lord?" Ladies, I felt as if I was all alone. I felt like God wasn't anywhere I turned. But the reminder of a dear friend once again reminded me that He is there. He is El Roy. He is the God who sees. He sees my frustration. He sees my disappointment. He sees my pain. Are you in a place where you feel God isn't anywhere in your circumstances? Ladies, He's right there. He knows what you're going through, and He cares. Let me encourage you, call out to Him. Tell him you're hurting, after all He's been there. He's struggled with disappointment. He's struggled with pain. He's struggled with everything that we as humans struggle with. So, call out to El Roy. He sees you, and He'll see you through your storm of despair.

Dear Lord, thank You for being El Roy. Thank You Lord that even when we don't feel you near, You've never left us. You've never left our side. I pray for each of my readers. Give them the comfort that You so long for them to have. Lord we love You and we praise You. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. It has always encouraged me that in the first mention of The Angel of the Lord in the Bible, He is speaking to a woman. And He's assuring her He is there and He sees her and her plight.
    Great post and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post today is a powerful reminder of how important it is for us to base our faith on truth and not feelings. If based on feelings, our hurt and disappointment can leave us feeling hopeless. In truth, however, we may still be disappointed but we KNOW we are not alone and the circumstance did not catch our heavenly Father off guard. I hope your weekend trip will work out sometime soon! God's timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jamie,
    Thanks dear friend for this good reminder. So glad we walk by faith, not by sight or emotions. Our emotions will fail us and even lie to us. Jesus never does. He sees, He knows, He cares! Love you sweet friend

    ReplyDelete