Sunday, November 18, 2012

Extreme Makeover...God Edition!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV)

We've all seen the shows. We've all seen them go into a home where there was a need and do a total makeover. The transformation is speedy and normally has us transfixed until the final moment when the masterpiece is revealed. It's the same with us spiritually. Only there's a difference. Where the home renovation is fast, our spiritual makeover is continuous. We aren't "fixed" in a week's time. For us, it takes our intire lives. Our makeover isn't complete until He calls us home. Ladies, do you need a makeover today? ARe you in a place where you feel as though you're no longer transfixed on the makeover the Lord is doing inside of you? Let me encourage you, return to Him...return to that state of just being amazed by the makeover!

Lord, thank You for the continual makeover you're performing. Let us never become complacent in that fact. Help us always to see and even when it may not be what we think is "pretty" give us a thankful spirit. In Jesus Name, Amen.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, it does take a lifetime, but what a ride it is! Good post, Jamie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Jamie. Yes, He's constantly at work in us and making us over. Praise Him that He doesn't leave us in our mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Jamie. I love that He makes us over from the inside out. :) I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Jamie. Like my books, I am a work in progress! God is changing me minute by minute. I can't do it myself. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie,
    Love this post!! From glory to glory He's changing us...into His image and He does it with much love and patience...no matter how long it takes.
    Praising Him.
    Hugs,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful analogy! I love this line: " Only there's a difference. Where the home renovation is fast, our spiritual makeover is continuous." Ain't that the truth? LOL! Thank you for sharing your precious heart with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Nan -- I'm so grateful He doesn't get frustrated and give up on me! Praying for you this week, sweet Jamie, and hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just wаnted to tell you, I loved thіs blоg post.
    It waѕ helpful. Keep on poѕting!
    Here is my web site oryginalnysoknoni.pl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I was just searching for some "spiritual makeover" clip art for our summer camp theme and I came across your blog. Isn't God fun that way?! He knew I would benefit from reading this. What a great post, Jamie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete