Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Are You Comparing Yourself?

For who in the heavens can be compared to the Lord?
Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened to the Lord? (Psalm 89:6, NKJV)
I just had to wage the war between my brain and Satan. As this verse clearly states, noone or nothing can be compared to the Lord. In the same way, we can't compare ourselves to others. I was comparing myself to another writer by saying that she was better than I. She has more expierence than I do. While that's true that she does have more experience, through a dear friend I was reminded by a dear friend that God is using me in way that I don't know. Ladies, are you comparing yourself to someone today? Let me encourage you, don't listen to the enemy's lies!!
Lord, thank You for friends that point us to the truth. Thank You Lord that we don't have to compare ourselves to anyone else. You give us the talent, let us use it the way You desire. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

5 comments:

  1. It's so hard not to compare ourselves to others. But we have to remember that God has a plan for each of us and we are being used by Him for His Glory. I need this reminder a lot. Thanks, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words of wisdom, Jamie. It's so easy to fall into that trap. But I'm reminded that God's Word tells us that He called some to be this and others to be that. We must grow and flourish in whatever He's called us to be and do. And you are. :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoy your bits of God's wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...Jamie girl. What a mighty woman of faith you are! Your tender, sweet spirit can melt hearts of stone. When those hard hearts melt, they are ready to receive God's Word. You are filled with compassion for others. You inspire everyone who comes in contact with you, especially in areas of fearless perseverance, determination, and trust. YOU, young lady, are great in the Kingdom of God. I love you sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie,
    I have to say amen to all of the above comments. You are such an inspiration to many and I love the way God has given you victory in so many areas...as you write down what He tells you.
    Love and hugs, Glenda

    ReplyDelete