Monday, January 28, 2013

The Great Love of God


"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 ESV

Have you ever had the feeling that you woke up one morning and someone stole the life you were living? That’s how I felt a year and a half ago when my husband came home and announced he was given a pink slip that day. I knew it was coming. I had tried to prepare myself for it. But I could not have predicted the blow to my gut when the day finally arrived. It was surreal.

There are so many feelings that David and I have experienced as we are going through the process of loss and faith and trust. Though our world has fallen apart, God's love remains constant. We have had low times, and we have had days of celebration! I recently graduated with my Master’s Degree in Psychological Counseling and was invited to be part of a private practice. David continues to look for a full time position.

Through it all, we have turned toward one another and the Lord to sustain us. Jesus is amazing. He does not prevent bad things from happening, but His comfort and love are real.

David and I are grateful to know Him and to experience His love for us. We have truly discovered that nothing can separate us from the love of God. We are a product of His love. We can lift our hands and say Glory to God in the highest!

Have you encountered hard times recently? I hope you will be encouraged to know that He is with you. He carries you. And His love for you is infinite. Take some time today to thank Him for holding you and sustaining you with His unconditional love.

3 comments:

  1. God always supplies what we need when we need it. It's just that sometimes it's hard for us humans to wait. Great post, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,

    I too have often felt like I relate to David -- It has helped me to know others who have gone before us have endured and remained faithful to God.

    Thank you for sharing with us today.
    Love, Hester ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful to have a great high Priest Who knows how we are, and Who intercedes for us. He is GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete