Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Are You Hot?

So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[a] I will vomit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:16, NKJV)

Outside, the air was frigid. It was as if I had walked out of a warm bath into an ice box. As I walked out to the car, I felt the Lord's prompting.

"That's how some of my children are towards me. They don't have the burning desire they once had."

This verse tells us that if we're lukewarm, the Lord will vomit us out of His mouth. That's harsh, I know. But that's what He wants. He doesn't want a Lukewarm Christian...He wants a fully commited one. Is that us? Are we the fully commited followers God wants?

Father, help us to follow You in the way YYou would have us to. Give us that burning desire in our spirit. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Hot and cold indicate passion...lukewarm indicates indifference. God will take our passion and multiply it. Great post, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Convicting, Jamie. Wholehearted commitment requires discipline to spend time with Him and continually focus our thoughts on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying in the Word helps keep me hot. Time to crank up the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Jamie, vomiting is harsh. But so is being separated from the Father for any reason. Thanks for the great post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder Jamie. Like Susan said, time to crank up the heat.

    Love, Hester ;)

    ReplyDelete