Sunday, October 14, 2012

God's Plan

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, NKJV)

It was an ordenary homecoming service. Little did I know that at lunch, God would bring a lady in my path that needed a friend and a compassionate ear. For you see, this lady and I have known one another for several months from singing in the choir together. Normally, all we would do would be speak casually and go on our way. Not this time though. This time, God had another plan. This time, His plan was for a sweet relationship to develop and get stronger and stronger in just one week. Ladies, has God ever just totally surprised you with His plan? You would've never thought that this would be His way. I know I didn't. And I don't think my friend did either. Let me just encourage you, if you sense God telling you to reach out to someone, go for it. You never know what beautiful thing will come from it.

Dear Lord, I thank You for the new friendship you're developing. I ask that for each of my readers You make Your plan so clear she won't be able to deny it. Lord we love You and praise You. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Jamie,
    Glad for God to make His plan known to you about this new friendship!
    Love it when He opens new doors for closer relationships within the body of Christ. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's encouraging to hear how God orchestrated your two paths to cross. His timing is perfect and His ways are purposeful. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie...I really like this one! God does some wonderful things when we are willing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jamie -- I love that His plans has so many wonderful side streets!! You never know what adventure awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is always surprising me with encounters...like the one with you! I've me some really great people through His surprises.

    ReplyDelete