Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What's Your Choice?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV)

"I have some news! I'm going to Christian Communicators!" My heart sank. It sank with disappointment, questions and all-out pity parties. Yes, I was happy for my dear friend Nan. I was thrilled. But at the same time, I wonder what I had or hadn't done. After all, we'd both applied for the last 6 years...and she was the one chosen. Once I was able to pull myself together through prayer and also through her sweet words of encouragement, it hit me. I had a choice. I had a choice to either trust God, or I had the choice to give up and say forget it. What was I going to choose? Ultimately, I chose to trust. I realized, with her help, that in God's perfect time I'd get there. So, I ask you the same question I had to ponder. What will your choice be? Will you trust, or will you give in to Satan's lies and accusations?

Father, help us to trust in the good and not-so-good times. Help us, even when it's the last thing we want to do. In Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Jamie, this message is so important. We DO always have a choice to trust or not to trust. May we always choose to trust, just as you did! Sweet blessings to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I'm so proud of you. God has a plan for each of us and a perfect timing to bring everything together. Promise me that next year you'll not only apply for the scholarship, but you'll also put your name on the waiting list. If I hadn't put my name on the waiting list I wouldn't be going either. It took a step of faith, but the Lord honored my heart's desire. You are an amazing woman of God, used by Him more than you even realize. Sit quietly before Him and listen as He directs your steps. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, heartfelt thanks for this gentle yet strong message of how vital it is to wait upon our loving Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, Jamie. And for the timely reminder in my own life to choose to trust. Yes, it's a choice. I pray along with you, Lord, help us to trust even when it's the last thing we want to do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete