Monday, March 3, 2014

Sisters in Action

Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. (1 Thesolonians 5:11, NKJV)

"You're not alone in this battle. God has a purpose for your life...no mater what is going on in your life." These were the words a sweet sister in the Lord spoke to me at a writers conference just last weekend. She didn't sit and condemn the way I was feeling by telling me to just get over it. She shared her battle with the same issue and then pointed my focus back to God. Later, when the discouragement wanted to get hold of me again, once again she pointed my focus where it should be. That was a sister in action. What are you going through today that you need a sister to come along beside you and tell you, "you're not alone." Let her point you back to the Lord-our ultimate encourager.

Father, thank You for Your gift of sisters. Let us not take them for granted. Help us see when someone needs a sister to point her gack to You. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Jamie, I love that concept: "sisters in action". What a beautiful way to describe what sister-friends do. Thank you for always being that sister in action for me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters in Action. I like that! Blessings on you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God has a purpose for your life." That truth is so important! We need to be reminded of this often. I'm so glad that lovely lady was at the conference to encourage you, Jamie. I prayed that everyone would leave the conference encouraged rather than discouraged, so I know God was at work answering that prayer.

    ReplyDelete