Tuesday, March 11, 2014

God Had Another Plan


The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10, NKJV)

"You're not good enough." "Women don't have a speaking ministry. "Who do you think you are to get up in front of this group of people?"Those are the thoughts Satan was screaming at me as I prepared a message to give at an upcoming retreat. In frustration and unworthyness, I put the message down.

In the midst of all the accusations, God had another plan. "God doesn't make junk." "You were put here for a purpose and it's going to be fulfilled." My dear friend, Vonda Easley spoke these words of life back into my broken spirit. Though Satan screamed his accusations and words of defeat at me, truth screamed louder still. Like Vonda spoke over me that day, God has a purpose. Ladies, no matter what the accusations are, God has a purpose and a plan. He has something specific for you to do, and only you can fulfill that purpose. So, what do you feel God nudging you to do but you've mot done it because of the accusations?

Father, thank you for the encouragement of Godly friends. Thank You Lord that though the enemy threw accusations my way, the truth of Your Word was even louder. I pray for my readers. Show them their purpose in Your kingdom and give them the courage and strength to fulfill it. In Jesus Name, Amen

2 comments:

  1. This spoke to me!! Thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Jamie. It's so important to focus on the voice of truth. Casting Crowns has a song by that name that goes perfectly with this post!

    ReplyDelete