Thursday, August 22, 2013

Perfect Peace

You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You. (Isaiah 26:3, NKJV)

My frustration was at a peak. The week was hard and long. My mind was anything but peaceful. And perfect peace? That wasn't anywhere to be found.

Until, that is, God spoke to my heart through a dear friend. Through Mary's words, she reminded me what perfect peace actually was.

Perfect peace at times means keeping harmony in a family.

But...

Most of all, perfect peace means that we fully trust in the Lord. And as Mary reminded me, my trust had slipped into my own mind and away from God. My mind wasn't stayed on Him, so I couldn't get through the day without frustrations. Today ladies, what are you facing that you need God's perfect peace with? Let me encourage you, keep your mind on Him. And He will give you that perfect peace you long for.

Father, thank You for the peace only You give. Thank You Lord that when we get off course, You send friends and Your words to get us back on track. I pray for my readers today. I ask You to help her keep her mind on You.

***Do you know a pastor's wife or love one? My friend, Nan Jones is looking for inflencers to post reviews on Amazon. Her book, The Perels of a Pastor's Wife is now in the editing process. If interested, please email her at: nan@jubilantlight.com Thanks!*** 

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet sweet Jamie, How I needed this more this morning than you will ever know. "Please God, bring me Your peace." Thank you for reminding me to count on Him.
    I love you JB !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, peace is always available, but so many times, we stay in our stress, rather than resting in His arms. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete