Thursday, July 4, 2013

Here Comes the Bride

that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:27, NKJV)

The bride walked down the isle, on the arm of her father. As I turned with the rest of the spectators, I started thinkin.

One day, that will be us. That will be all those who have trusted Christ. Imagine that, ladies. He will come on a white horse and gather His children home. And the wedding we'll experience, the gowns we'll wear will be greater than anything we can imagine. Are you ready for that wedding? What are you most looking forward to about that wedding day?

Father, prepare us for that grand day. Those of us Lord that know You, make our hears right...make them ready. Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder, Jamie. What a wonderful day that will be! Think about the emotional faces of the grooms as they wait for their brides walk the aisle. That's how Jesus looks at us, expectantly and hopefully and lovingly. He is thrilled when we take that first step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. Made me start singing...

    What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
    And I look upon his face,
    The One who saved me by his grace;
    When he takes me by the hand,
    And leads me through the Promised Land,
    What a day, glorious day that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. And a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thought, Jamie. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing I'm most looking forward to is seeing Him face to face. Thanks for the reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete