Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ever Been a Doubter?

But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. (James 1:6, NKJV

Doubting.

That can be a paralyzing thing to have. I was doubting myself as a writer a few months ago. A dear friend's words changed all that for me though! Did it totally erase the doubt forever? No. Would they assault me once more when I got home from the conference? Absolutely! You see, in that place I was with other writers with my same emotions. I was safe. Once I was home, I was back under the enemy's lies. So what were the words that changed my perspective? My friend, Edie Melson set me straight that day and I will forever be greatful to her! She made me look at her and repeat, "I am a writer." And then? "Now you're a writer because Edie Melson said so!" That may not seem significant to you, but those words changed my life that day. Are you struggling with doubt? Do you feel as though you've been sucked in by the enemy's lies? Ladies, he's a liar and he will cause the roots of doubt to form inside of you. God desires for us not to doubt. Ask Him to help you in this area of doubting today. Let's go forward in what He has for us!

Dear Lord, thank You for pouring confidence into us when we don't have any of our own. Thank You for the sweet reminders of dear friends when we need the nudge. Lord we love You and we praise You, Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Jamie, this one hit home with me. Thanks so much for your honesty. You are a great writer cause I say so too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing it is when God uses one of His children to encourage another. He knew what you needed to hear...and who you needed to hear it through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for Edie!! I'm glad the Lord used her to encourage you and speak a blessing over you. You deserve it!
    Love you, sweet Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, I can relate to being a doubter! Like you, I love to encourage others, and it always gives me a boost when the encouragement is returned...like you asking me to blog for you at the end of the month. I am so honored! So that must mean, I am a writer, because Jamie Britt asked me to write for her blogsite? Blessings to you sweet writer and blogger friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, the first thing I come across on my first visit to your blog is this. Is that God speaking?
    I soooo relate to your words... In fact, I've got a whole novel plot sitting in my head waiting to be written, and I never get round to it. I make all sorts of excuses... No time, of course there's never time. But in fact, whenever there is time I look at my blank Word page... and totally panic. Keep telling myself the story is not good enough, or even if it was I wouldn't be good at putting it across. This has gone on for years. When I was a child I would write short stories, even novelles. Those first attempts may not have had any literary value, but at least I wasn't too self-conscious to repress that instinct. And I believed I had talent. Now I'm hiding in shame and fear and feel that even if I did have the courage to share my story, I'd be too embarrassed to show it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete