Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Rejoice in the Prison

Philippians 4:4 (NKJV)

 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Rejoicing. What does that word mean? Does it mean that we like our circumstances? Does it mean we understand what we're going through? No. To rejoice means that no matter what, we have joy. We can not like what we're going through, but we can still worship. We can still praise God in the midst of our trial. In this verse, Paul was in a prison. He wrote the entire chapter of Philippians in a prison cell. The words joy or rejoice are found 14 times in the book. I think the Lord is trying to get a message across to His people. Ladies, rejoice. Rejoice through the cancer. Rejoice through the job loss. Rejoice through the unwanted divorce. Will it be easy? Absolutely not. Will it be worth it? Absolutely! 

During the last year, I've had several things happen in my life that could've caused me to go down in defeat. I chose to
rejoice in the midst of my circumstances. In my dear friend Carol McLeod's Defiant Joy Bible study, she has a quote that I absolutely love. "Our inner attitude doesn't have to reflect our outward circumstances." So ladies, let me ask you, what prison do you find yourself in? Is it cancer? Is it marital problems? Is it wayward children? Let me encourage you, look up to the Lord and rejoice.

Father, I pray for each reader today. Lord, may she find comfort in Your truths today. May she rejoice in her trials. Help her see the gold in the midst of the fire. 
In Jesus Name, Amen.

5 comments:

  1. I love Philippians! Great, encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder for us to rejoice always. Thanks, Jamie, and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jamie! Loved your encouraging​ words today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Jamie! I've missed your posts. Rejoicing in the Lord always is a key to the kingdom, for sure. He is worthy of our praise, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jamie. So grateful that you're allowing your giftedness to encourage others. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete