Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Teacher Sent by God

As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. (Proverbs 27:17, NKJV)

Walking into Sunday School just over 8 months ago, I didn't know what to expect. I had heard for the last few weeks that I'd love the teacher, but I didn't think much of it. I thought she would be just like other teacher I've ever had-she'd teach what was in the book and that would be it. Wow, was I ever wrong! Julia McDuffie does so much more than teach. She not only teaches lessons she creates herself from countless hours of studying God's word, she explains what it is she's teaching. You don't walk out of her class wondering, "what in the world did she mean?" And if you don't understand something, she doesn't hesitate to explain it until you get it. I not only found a wonderful Sunday School teacher that day, I found a friend. I found an encourager. And I found someone that would tell me the things I not only wanted to hear, but more importantly would tell me what I need to hear and do it so sweetly and do it all with an attitude of love. I found a teacher sent by God. Who in your life do you have that will do that for you? Share your experiences.

Father, I thank You for Julia and what she means to me and to so many others. I pray for my readers. I pray that if they don't have that teacher that will not only teach from God's word but explain what they don't understand, You will give them that person In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment