Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Praying Friends

Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. (1 Thessolonians 5:11, NKJV)

The retreat was coming to an end. All week, the attendees had been chalenged to work harder in their craft. Now, the time for a worship service was at hand. Sitting there soaking in the music, that's when it happened. My dear friend, Edie Melson sat down beside me and began to pray. While I don't remember the words she said, the thing I do remember is the affirmation I received from her that morning. To this day, anytime I need prayer I know Edie will pray. And though we don't talk or see one another often, when we do it's as if no time has passed. God brought a special lady into my life that day. Who has He brought into your life that you can call on at any time? If you don't have that person, I encourage you to ask Him to help you find someone.

Father, thank You for Edie. Thank you for the many women You have brought into my life. I pray for my readers. I ask You to send them that woman to pray with them at any time. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Jamie. Edie is one of the most faithful prayer warriors I know.

    Prayer is the best gift we can share with anyone. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful the Lord brought you into my life. I know that you're always there for me to love and support me with your prayers. Thank you sweet Jamie. I love you.

    ReplyDelete