Thursday, February 21, 2013

You Are Mine

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1, NKJV)

Over this week, this verse has been illuminated to me in a new way. Through some circumstances,  I'd taken my eyes off of the Lord. I'd taken my eyes off of the fact that "I am His and He is mine." This verse tells me that He has called me by my name. So no matter what another person think or doesn't think, I know who I belong. My friend Edie Melson made the statement, "I know longer fear who I am, because I know whose I am." Are you in a place today where you've taken your eyes off of the lover of your soul? Ladies, let me encourage you, refocus your heart and your life. Let Him envelop you in His peace and love.

Father, thank You for Your peace. Thank You that when we feel like we're alone, You so gently remind us of Your nearness. I pray for my reader today, that You'll just envelop her in Your peace and presence. In Jesus Name, Amen.

7 comments:

  1. Jamie, that's so beautiful! There's no feeling comparable to the knowledge that we are His. One of the first things the Lord imprinted on my heart was the phrase "accepted in the Beloved." I had a rough childhood. My dad was an excellent person and father but he had fits of rage and during arguments he would say all the awful things a child should never hear. I grew up feeling the black sheep of the family (I had a temper too!) and also had problems being an outcast at elementary and secondary school (had problems in the three schools I attended). So rejection was a problem for me, and it took a long time for me to understand and receive God's unconditional love and acceptance. Getting rid of a baggage of shame, guilt and self-condemnation is not easy. I have moments of great discouragement and self-loathing.

    So this Word, and any passage that deals with God's love and acceptance of my person, just as I am, is a beautiful reminder that God sees beauty where the world finds none. And He is merciful and long-suffering and accepts and loves the outcasts. I am not what I was born to be, Little Beloved (that's what my name means), loved by God and also by many people. I have many awesome friends who are there for me when I need a hug or an encouraging Word. You're one of them. Your heart responded to comments I made on Nan's blog, and you came to me when I didn't even know who you were. I'll never forget that. Thank you!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jamie. I read this in a devo today: "Are you going to worship ME or your problem?" The more we roll our problems around in our heads, the more focus they take.

    I'm shifting my focus to HIM and off my problems. Thanks for this timely encouragement.
    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, regardless of what the world says, if we believe in God, we must believe His words over that of the world. And Susan, I love your picture of taking the focus off our problems and onto Him.

    Thank you, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,

    I just read this verse yesterday in Bible study with out ladies. Isn't it wonderful?! ;) Thank you for sharing your heart with us today.

    Love, Hester ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of God enveloping His children with peace and love. Thank you for sharing this powerful verse with us today, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing, comforting thought to realize that we are the Lord's special treasure - we belong to Him. Those thoughts bring me great peace. Love you Jamie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such encouraging, peace giving words. I take my eyes off the beautiful facts of whose I am way too often. Oh, but I give thanks for the grace that I am still his.

    ReplyDelete