Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Grief Is Too Great

Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. (Mathew 5:4, New King James Version)

It was an ordenary day. She was on leave from work for medical reasons. It was an ordenary day until the piercing ring of the telephone. "My mom has passed away," were her husband's heartbreaking words to her. The grief was crushing and hit their shoulders like a huge bolder. There's a difference here though. Though the family is experiencing unfathomable grief, they still have hope. They know who to turn to in their darkest hour, and most of all, they know where their loved one is! Are you experiencing the grief from the loss of a loved one? Perhaps you're grieved over a job loss...a devistating illness. If you belong to the Lord Most High, you also have hope! Just as this family has the hope of the Lord to get them through this time, so do you! Let me encourage you ladies, in your grief today, turn to the one who can give you hope. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Most gracious Lord, I pray for each reader today. I pray that in their time of grief and pain, you'll be with them in a special way. Let them experience your presence and your comfort like never before. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. How well I know the feeling of that phone call. But as much as I grieved--and to be honest, sometimes continue to grieve--over the loss of my sweet daddy, what a joy it is to know he is happy and whole and with Jesus, whom he loved so dearly.

    And the fact that I know I'll see him again just makes heaven sweeter!

    Keep up the good work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still hear my brother-in-law's voice telling me that my 7-year-old niece was gone. But as Vonda says, knowing we'll see Karis in Heaven someday helps us have hope in our grief.

    Great thought, sweet Jamie!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, you did a super job today. I love your sentence, "The grief was crushing and hit their shoulders like a huge boulder." That is exactly how a burden feels! I love you Jamie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This spoke to me Jamie and it isn't only when someone dies...Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the prayer, Jamie. I cannot read the print, as the background is so dark. Perhaps you can change it to make it easier to read?

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete